The College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) is the professional organization for Chief Information Officers and other senior healthcare IT leaders. CHIME enables its members and business partners to collaborate, exchange ideas, develop professionally and advocate the effective use of information management to improve the health and care throughout the communities they serve.
Our Mission is to advance and serve healthcare leaders and the industry improving health and care globally through the utilization of knowledge and technology.
The Managing Editor of Digital Health Insights is responsible for directing the day-to-day operations of DHI’s editorial and custom content programs designed to educate and inform audiences that operate at the intersection of healthcare and information technology. This position will also be responsible for leading the content team by providing content strategy, editorial direction, deadline management, and budget management to support both an editorial and custom sponsored content program.
Duties and responsibilities
- Developing the content calendar for Digital Health Insights (dhinsights.org), responsible for commissioning all content for the media program—articles of all types, audio, video:
- writing or outsourcing 15-30 articles (500+ words) per week.
- writing or outsourcing 3-5 quarterly whitepapers
- outlining, producing, and possibly serving as Moderator for webinars programs
- Communicating edits and timelines to writers/freelancers.
- Writing article excerpts for the weekly newsletter.
- Selecting corresponding art for the website.
- Drives social promotions to accompany every article.
- Reviewing/editing sponsor submitted content pieces and writing accompanying excerpts for the website and newsletters.
- Partnering with DHX’s tech and delivery teams, monitor internal data sources to identify target content for each topic and media channel.
- Support the regular weekly and monthly reporting due to sponsors as necessary
- Drive the development of the weekly newsletter
- Partner with sales on custom content strategy calls with clients
- Other related duties as assigned
- 5+ years of editorial management experience in a similar B2B media environment. Experience as a journalist/senior writer familiar with content strategy campaigns.
- A proven writer with subject-matter expertise in technology, and ideally healthcare.
- Strong understanding of SEO practices
- Strong understanding of social media
- Exceptional inter-personal communication skills.
- Polished presentation skills.
- Data-driven. Proven ability to use content data and analytics to shape and direct content strategy and execution.
- Familiarity with analytics tools including Google Analytics and Omniture.
- Commercially minded. Familiarity with media revenue models, including advertising and lead generation.
- Ability to moderate video and webcasts.
- Entrepreneurial mindset always looking for different ways to tell a story that could be rolled out as part of editorial strategy or custom content programs
This is a remote based position
CHIME currently requires, as a condition of employment, that employees receive the COVID-19 vaccine and follow all other CHIME COVID-19 safety protocols, unless the employee is granted an exemption in accordance with applicable laws.