The College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) is the professional organization for Chief Information Officers and other senior healthcare IT leaders. CHIME enables its members and business partners to collaborate, exchange ideas, develop professionally and advocate the effective use of information management to improve the health and care throughout the communities they serve.
Our Mission is to advance and serve healthcare leaders and the industry improving health and care globally through the utilization of knowledge and technology.
CHIME is seeking a Communications Specialist, an established writer and editor who is an integral member of the CHIME team. Our ideal candidate is a team-spirited, skilled and imaginative writer with a passion for detail and managing a brand voice. Must be able to work quickly and with a focus on quality; communicate and coordinate with a wide variety of product owners and stakeholders; and not just work, but thrive, either independently or with team members, in a flexible, rapid-paced, evolving environment which requires the skills to adapt and adjust priorities as needed.
The Communications Specialist is responsible for leading the development of, contributing to and/or reviewing and editing creative and informational copy for content across a wide variety of CHIME’s communication channels including, but not limited to: product and program collateral; multi-media promotional campaigns, thought leadership/industry publications, websites, social media, emails/e-newsletters, case studies, white papers, event/program scripts, presentations and more.
Duties and responsibilities
- As CHIME’s Communications Specialist, serve as a leading or contributing writer and editor for a variety of written content to ensure quality and consistency across organizational communications; write and/or review clear, attractive and compelling copy for communications across internal and external channels
- Write, review and/or edit engaging industry thought leadership content for various content pieces including, but not limited to: blogs, articles, white papers, case studies, and more
- As CHIME’s public relations and media liaison, establish and maintain relationships with press contacts, industry influencers, key members and partners; lead the expansion and growth of CHIME’s media reach and impact to the industry
- As a communications facilitator, conduct interviews with or coordinate content submissions from CHIME Members and relevant internal and external subject matter experts; translate content or assist in the distribution of developed content into various deliverables across multiple platforms
- As a key contributor to CHIME’s executive voice, draft, ghostwrite and script in personalized voices and tone for internal and external executives’ written or oral presentations including, but not limited to: interviews, roundtables, advisory sessions, podcasts, member or team communications, award notifications, event stage scripts, thought leadership content, and more
- As a communications collaborator, work with various teams and team members to support content creation as needed for marketing projects and campaigns; events and programs; and materials such as presentations, informational or sales collateral and other product- or program-specific deliverables
- As a contributing team member, as needed and assigned, take lead on a variety of short- or long-term, diverse projects, programs or campaigns
- As a creative storyteller, execute on content development strategy that brings emotion and humanity into our content and drives high engagement
- As a digital media content creator, work with team members to utilize data and analytics to optimize content for improved performance metrics and SEO; Research and stay current on organizational SEO strategy, content/industry trends, digital marketing best practices and membership behavior to increase digital traffic and engagement
- Stay up to date on news and trends in the industry; Monitor and identify member and industry interests and gaps in our content and recommend appropriate content themes
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Journalism, Marketing or related field preferred
- 5+ years experience as a content creator, copywriter/editor or communications manager or director (or equivalent) required
- 3+ years experience developing content in the digital health, healthcare, healthcare IT, technology or relevant industry preferred
- 2+ years successfully working in a remote or telecommuting role
- Excellent creative and informative writing, editing, proofreading, storytelling and verbal communication skills are a must
- Ability to write copy for professional documents, presentations, proposals, scripts and other communication materials for diverse internal and external customers
- Ability to comprehend complex and technical information and articulate the information into readable deliverables for diverse audiences and platforms
- Ability to frame and craft pitches, stories and engaging educational and informational content utilizing internal and external thought leaders and subject matter experts
- Experience writing and scripting in personalized voices and tone for executives and a variety of stakeholders
- Experience writing and editing for digital media platforms, adhering to digital content best practices
- Portfolio of published articles, blogs or other thought leadership pieces
- Experience writing with SEO & taxonomy as a foundation
- Strong interview and conversation facilitation skills
- Experience writing press releases and managing media relationships
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent PowerPoint skills
- Basic WordPress CMS editing skills a plus
This is a remote based position
CHIME currently requires, as a condition of employment, that employees receive the COVID-19 vaccine and follow all other CHIME COVID-19 safety protocols, unless the employee is granted an exemption in accordance with applicable laws.