The College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) is the professional organization for Chief Information Officers and other senior healthcare IT leaders. CHIME enables its members and business partners to collaborate, exchange ideas, develop professionally and advocate the effective use of information management to improve health and care throughout the communities they serve.
Our Mission is to advance and serve healthcare leaders and the industry improving health and care globally through the utilization of knowledge and technology.
As the Digital Media Producer and CHIME’s audiovideo specialist, you will be responsible for creating multimedia (both audio and video) content including creative projects for advertising and marketing campaign support, member communications, educational and informational initiatives, commercials, event and program promotions, podcasts, webinars and more.
You are a whiz at creative and technical video design, editing and production – finding, creating and utilizing animations, typography, sound, custom and stock video, photography, and more to deliver innovative and original productions aligned with and in support of CHIME objectives. The producer is incredibly comfortable preparing, recording and editing podcasts, working closely and professionally with internal stakeholders and executive participants.
You must be confident making thoughtful decisions while executing media development aligned with marketing and communication strategies and goals The producer must have expert knowledge of multi-media graphic and visual design, but also be a highly effective communicator capable of translating podcasts, interviews, and other live content into engaging, effective visual and audio packages. You have a knack for storytelling, a creative eye and a passion for words.
Our ideal candidate is a team-spirited, skilled and imaginative media producer with a passion for detail, producing high quality deliverables and managing to a brand’s visual identity and voice. Must be able to work quickly and with a focus on quality; adhere to deadlines while managing multiple initiatives; communicate and coordinate with a wide variety of product owners and service line leaders; and collaborate with diverse personalities and perspectives.
Duties and responsibilities
- Coordinate and execute video production processes from start to finish, collaborate with team members on creative direction, writing scripts, developing storyboards, organizing resources, producing/editing video, and deliver finished products to deadline
- Coordinate and execute podcast production processes from start to finish, collaborating with key team members and stakeholders to define episode and series themes and concepts, schedule participants, write scripts, organize resources, lead recording sessions, and deliver finished products to deadline
- Work closely with other members of our creative, communications and marketing team to transform ideas into long and short form video and audio content for email, social, web and events/programs
- Lead video creative direction to accomplish audio and video production objectives provided by leadership or campaign owners
- Create and document the multi-media production process and media production calendar; manage and coordinate schedules and workflows in Asana
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to understand the purpose and objectives of the video or audio projects; develop and manage the plan to accomplish those goals through recording, film, animation and editing
- Develop and pitch creative concepts for video/audio requests and present them to stakeholders
- As an excellent collaborator and skilled listener, receive constructive feedback and direction with a positive attitude, and effectively receive, translate and apply that feedback to action
- Prepare and manage video shoots and audio recordings, guide and coach participants to achieve optimal results
- Attend in-person events and serve as CHIME’s lead videographer and photographer to capture interviews, activities, promotional footage, testimonials, other
- Edit and deliver final videos and podcasts (suggest and execute appropriate cuts and splices, balance audio, add graphics and effects, etc.)
- Partner with graphics team members for visual asset support and collaboration
- Partner with lead editor and communications team members for copywriting or scripting support and collaboration
- Work closely with digital media team members to ensure video and audio deliverables are maximized for the intended platforms and use
- Ensure consistency of produced pieces meet brand guidelines and quality standards
- Submit, post, publish and/or distribute final media to appropriate video and podcast platforms
- Adhere to and expand the CHIME brand’s voice and visual identity integrity across the organization with a focus on adherence to content, graphic elements, images and video usage, other
- Utilize Adobe Creative Suite and other design software as needed to efficiently produce technically developed design deliverables
- Accept and apply feedback from CHIME’s graphic designers and appropriate internal or external stakeholders
- Adhere to and participate in project management and workflow processes using the organization’s preferred Project Management platform, Asana
- Some travel will be required
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree in Media Production, Design, Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related field preferred
- 5+ years professional experience in video and media production or journalism including editing video graphics and/or animations
- 3+ years working within a professional creative team; experience working in a corporate environment, creative agency or production firm is preferred
- 2+ years working with technical topics and subject matter experts (i.e. healthcare, technology, etc.)
- 2+ years professional experience recording, editing and producing podcasts
- 2+ year experience of professional photography duties
- 1+ year successfully working in a remote or telecommuting role
- Basic WordPress CMS editing skills is required
- Experience shooting or producing viral short-form video content optimized for social media
- Superior technical knowledge of Adobe programs and video and audio editing software and equipment
- Proven work experience editing extensive video and audio content with a strong portfolio
- Proven work experience working closely with executive and senior professionals (understanding the professionalism needed and the processes for interacting with VIPs)
- Experience in content creation with images, audio and video content for digital media platforms
- Professional experience creating visual, audio and video elements for a variety of digital media platforms including, but not limited to: email, website, social media
- Professional experience storyboarding and crafting/writing scripts for both video and podcasts
- Experience using a project management platform or equitable tool (i.e. Asana, Trello, Monday.com, other) is preferred
- Strong critical thinking skills with excellent attention to detail and a high standard for work product
- Can excel in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects and requests at all times with excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Can collaborate with a variety of personalities and perspectives
- Detail-oriented with a passion for efficient project management and execution
This is a remote based position
CHIME currently requires, as a condition of employment, that employees receive the COVID-19 vaccine and follow all other CHIME COVID-19 safety protocols, unless the employee is granted an exemption in accordance with applicable laws.