The College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) is the professional organization for Chief Information Officers and other senior healthcare IT leaders. CHIME enables its members and business partners to collaborate, exchange ideas, develop professionally and advocate the effective use of information management to improve health and care throughout the communities they serve.
Our Mission is to advance and serve healthcare leaders and the industry improving health and care globally through the utilization of knowledge and technology.
As the Education Coordinator at CHIME, you will support of a robust education calendar, digital courses, online conferences, digital communities, and in-person education. You will use your experience to assist in the support processes to deliver innovative programs and services, including meeting planning, speaker preparation, contracting and reimbursement activities for CHIME University faculty, speakers and support for education courses, programs and events.
Duties and responsibilities
You will know you are successful in this role after you master the following:
- Participates in program planning activities to understand the goals of each program and to contribute ideas to improve the programs themselves and the effective management of the associated activities including materials, slides, handouts, logistics, agendas and other program needs.
- Communicates with individuals and committees to help coordinate their work and to obtain materials including speaker contracts, slides, scheduling speaker preparation calls, creating and distributing attendee certificates and other post-program follow-up.
- Coordinates directly with the Vice President of Events to support the on-site event management function for assigned CHIME activities.
- Supports CHIME University leadership in maintaining history of assignments (topics and dates) and evaluations of faculty.
- Collects and catalogues speaker and faculty slides in a shared electronic environment for access by other faculty and students of the programs.
- In collaboration with the CHIME University leadership helps to create a yearly calendar of events and high-level timelines to obtain and confirm speakers and faculty for these events.
- Helps to develop checklists and surveys for the Education team to document repeatable processes for program development and delivery; participates in debrief sessions and suggests process improvement strategies after each event to assist in improving delivery and support for CHIME programs.
- Participates in committees which represent and/or participate in supporting education programs and services.
- Faculty liaison for all logistical details (contracts, travel, conference calls)
- Capture, edit, render, and upload video. Finalized videos will need to be organized in YouTube and placed in correct location within LMS.
- Maintains a database of faculty to include (calendars, contracts, expenses, contact detail, availability, update to date bios and photos (and other details).
- Support Learning Management System (LMS) use for students and faculty.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- LMS experience required.
- 3 years’ experience or background in a professional association and/or healthcare industry preferred.
- Knowledge of project management and effective activity tracking processes.
- Demonstrated experience successfully supporting work in a team environment.
- An accessible, responsive style with a customer service orientation.
- Exceptional communication skills with proficiency in developing written communications.
- Video editing experience preferred
- Utilization of video software such as iMovie, Premier Pro, Camtasia, preferred
- YouTube experience required.
- Proficiency with cloud-based file sharing tools, survey tools, WebEx or a similar webinar platform, CRM software, and ideas for how to use them effectively in the professional education arena.
- Proven ability to manage multiple activities for multiple programs at once.
- Discipline to successfully work without close supervision. Must be comfortable with a remote working relationship with other team members.
- Strong project management and problem resolution skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills, creativity and process improvement.
Some evening and weekend work along with travel for special events.
Some packing and lifting of boxes for special events is required.
This is a remote based position
CHIME currently requires, as a condition of employment, that employees receive the COVID-19 vaccine and follow all other CHIME COVID-19 safety protocols, unless the employee is granted an exemption in accordance with applicable laws.