The College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) is the professional organization for Chief Information Officers and other senior healthcare IT leaders. CHIME enables its members and business partners to collaborate, exchange ideas, develop professionally and advocate the effective use of information management to improve health and care throughout the communities they serve.
Our Mission is to advance and serve healthcare leaders and the industry improving health and care globally through the utilization of knowledge and technology.
The Certification Specialist will assist in developing, supporting, and maintaining all certification programs and services that address credentialing, certification, and other professional development areas.
Duties and responsibilities
- Support the development and maintenance of new and current certification programs
- Assist in coordinating activities of committee structures to ensure continuity of certification and professional development standards, themes, and delivery
- Provide timely and professional written and verbal communications regarding professional development and other needs of members
- Manage all aspects of certification including exam development and review, item storage, processing applications, maintaining educational credits, communicating with test candidates, proctoring examinations, and marketing program
- Maintain purchase permissions of resources and all study materials
- Manage all aspects of continuing education from data entry to reporting. Work with third parties on approving credits for credentialing programs and maintain continuing education credit tracking database
- Support all operations under Professional Development including certification programs, career development, job postings, committee engagement and member communication
- Assist in website content and design for all credentialing programs
- Support the maintenance of departmental calendars and budgets
- Help guide the marketing and branding strategy for all certification programs and career development services in coordination with marketing department
- Coordinate department resources in accordance with policies and procedures as established by CHIME and recommend any changes to processes that will improve engagement, satisfaction, and operational efficiency
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and/or minimum of 3 years’ experience in professional development or non-profit role. Prior experience in certification testing preferred.
- Knowledge of test design, item writing, or statistical analysis preferred.
- Experience managing data sets in regard to input, quality and reporting functions
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of CRM and LMS systems preferred. Experience with database applications and reporting tools required.
- Ability to effectively work remotely and in a small team environment.
- Have a high customer service record and effectively handle member/non-member inquiries and certification performance.
- Ability to track and monitor departmental goals, budgets, and certification processes while also meeting team deadlines.
- Discipline to successfully work in a collaborative environment where assignments may include tasks with and without close supervision.
This is a remote based position
CHIME currently requires, as a condition of employment, that employees receive the COVID-19 vaccine and follow all other CHIME COVID-19 safety protocols, unless the employee is granted an exemption in accordance with applicable laws.