The College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) is the professional organization for Chief Information Officers and other senior healthcare IT leaders. CHIME enables its members and business partners to collaborate, exchange ideas, develop professionally and advocate the effective use of information management to improve health and care throughout the communities they serve.
Our Mission is to advance and serve healthcare leaders and the industry improving health and care globally through the utilization of knowledge and technology.
The Instructional Design Specialist is an integral CHIME Digital Learning (CDL) team member ideating, developing, and implementing new digital education for healthcare executives.
The Instructional Design Specialist reports to the Director of Digital Learning with significant responsibility in the analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of digital learning objects
This role manages an assigned portfolio of learning tracks within specific learning channels which have a direct impact on key CDL organizational initiatives and/or operational goals from design through implementation.
The Instructional Design Specialist will serve as the central point of coordination for designing, building, testing and executing new digital education programs.
Duties and responsibilities
- Be an integral part of growing CHIME Digital Learning.
- Support the development and strategy for digital learning for healthcare executives.
- Develop ideas for new products, programs, and events by being an out of the box thinker willing to push new ideas and help the organization continue to innovate and move forward.
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with the Director of Digital Learning as well as other team members for CDL programs.
- Analyze learners, content, context, and competencies to determine design and development of learning elements, based on adult learning theory and distance education best practices
- Analyze industry trends, consumer needs, competitive dynamics, and internal performance.
- Design and manage deliverable content for executive leadership.
- Utilize programing languages and LMS platform to create learning opportunities
- Design and Develop media and graphics as necessary
- Develop deliverables in a professional manner – adhering to agreed-upon timelines and expectations.
- Utilize project management skillset to assist in setting meeting agendas and prepare materials for working sessions, track progress against agreed-upon timelines, deliverables, and expectations.
- Manage sponsors, stakeholder and project team member expectations with regard to project scope and feasibility.
- Implement learning elements, tracking learner progress and learning element success, making corrections and edits as necessary to ensure quality retention and transfer of learning
- Evaluate learning elements and learning environment, utilizing Kirkpatrick and other evaluation methodologies
- Gather and analyze feedback from leadership, business development, brokers, consultants, providers, and industry sources
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Master’s Degree in Instructional Design and Development or similar field required.
- Knowledge of digital learning platforms/frameworks/discipline is required
- Knowledge and experience with D2L preferred
- Media experience is preferred
- Experience with the following is preferred:
- Articulate 360
- Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Premier Pro, etc.
- Video Conferencing such as Zoom and Teams
- Healthcare industry experience is a plus.
- Asset Management experience is a plus
- Project Management experience is a plus
- In-depth, demonstrated experience of thriving in a dynamic, fast changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment is required.
- Previous exposure to design thinking a plus, but not required.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written & verbal) in an organized and knowledgeable manner.
- Ability to collaborate with Subject Matter Experts and CDL team members in an effective and professional manner
- Self-Motivated: hands-on, self-motivated, and highly inquisitive style.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for building strong professional relationships both internally and externally by interacting and networking effectively with people from different backgrounds.
- Demonstrates initiative, continually strives to enhance the credibility of CHIME.
This is a remote based position
CHIME currently requires, as a condition of employment, that employees receive the COVID-19 vaccine and follow all other CHIME COVID-19 safety protocols, unless the employee is granted an exemption in accordance with applicable laws.