The College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) is the professional organization for Chief Information Officers and other senior healthcare IT leaders. CHIME enables its members and business partners to collaborate, exchange ideas, develop professionally and advocate the effective use of information management to improve the health and care throughout the communities they serve.
Our Mission is to advance and serve healthcare leaders and the industry improving health and care globally through the utilization of knowledge and technology.
The Web Developer is responsible for the creation and delivery of amazing user experiences in our digital environment. Our website is our digital front door, and it must serve as the entry point for digital health leaders. We’re searching for a skilled web developer to join our talented and expanding team of innovative marketing, communications and digital media professionals who are consistently raising the bar on creativity and user engagement. The Web Developer will initially report to the Chief Marketing Officer.
The ideal candidate is a skilled website designer and developer with extensive technical expertise who will focus on the creation, maintenance, and improvements of CHIME’S roster of websites. The web developer is a vital addition to our digital media team as we immediately ready to launch an enterprise-wide, digital environment re-design and re-development.
This role’s daily duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Support technical issues; perform regular security updates and website maintenance
- Coordinate and manage content publication and optimization; work with internal and external stakeholders
- Manage member and user permissions, access control, SSO, and membership software integration
- Build and manage new pages, templates and functionalities to support new and ongoing initiatives
- Monitor and utilize data and analytics to optimize user experience
Our Web Developer must be a team-spirited, skilled and imaginative webmaster with a passion for detail and delivering a brand experience in a cutting-edge digital world. Must be able to work quickly and with a focus on quality; adhere to deadlines while managing multiple initiatives; communicate and coordinate with a wide variety of product owners and service line leaders; and collaborate with diverse personalities and perspectives.
Duties and responsibilities
- Design, build, maintain, update and optimize all CHIME websites including adding, updating, designing and publishing new pages and sites as needed for events, programs, campaigns and other initiatives
- Serve as the primary POC for any/all website content and functionality updates
- Meet regularly with internal stakeholders to understand and refine optimal website features and requirements, and determine project needs, scopes and specifications
- Develop and maintain strategic operational systems, tools, and processes
- Work quickly and with attention to detail to complete small edits requested by customers in addition to developing long-term plans for completing larger and complex projects
- Collaborate with marketing, communications, social media, design, audience and strategy team members to maximize content creation and publication through the website(s)
- Work with relevant stakeholders or product/service development teams to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, develop content criteria and identify solutions
- Consistently monitor and identify issues, and correct problems or refer problems to appropriate personnel for correction
- Consistently evaluate and monitor code, plug-ins, widgets, etc. to ensure that it is valid, up-to-date, properly structured, meets industry standards and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems
- Maintain understanding of current web technologies or programming practices through continuing education, reading, or participation in professional conferences, workshops, or groups
- Collaborate with key team members to analyze user needs and behaviors to determine areas for user improvement
- Serve as POC for 3rd party integrations to ensure all systems are up to date and functioning appropriately
- Write supporting code for web applications or web site
- Manage user credentials for website access
- Develop and implement procedures and processes for ongoing website revisions and updates
- Collaborate with the Editor, Digital Content Strategist and Senior Graphic Designer to document and adhere to style guidelines for website content
- Identify or maintain links to and from other web sites and check links to ensure proper functioning
- Recommend and implement performance improvements
- Implement SEO tactics to maximize traffic, content distribution, proof of performance and digital engagement
- Maintain current documentation of clear, detailed descriptions of website specifications such as product features, activities, software, 3rd party integrations, communication protocols, programming languages, and operating systems software and hardware
- Adhere to and maximize brand guidelines (visual and voice) in our web environment
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent professional experience is required
- 7 years’ experience in web design and development is required
- 5 years’ experience working with WordPress or equivalent platform is required
- 3 years’ experience with network diagnostics, analytics, and web application deployment is required
- Strong understanding of WordPress and Enterprise Web Applications including security, ACL, Session management, and best development practices is required
- Experience with WordPress multi-site platform is preferred
- Experience working with cross-functional teams using a project management platform or equitable tool (i.e. Asana, Trello, Monday.com, other) is preferred
- Excellent knowledge of SEO best practices and ability to resolve technical SEO issues is required
- Strong development skills with in-depth knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- A strong eye for visual design and user experience integration is highly preferred
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction is required
- Solid background in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps.
- Knowledge of segmentation, targeting and marketing automation
- Knowledge of email marketing platforms (i.e. MailChimp, Constant Contact, etc.)
- Excellent analytical and communication skills with the ability to analyze website data to provide proof of performance and identify opportunities
- Proficient with Google Analytics and analytics tools and platforms
- Experience with network diagnostics, analytics, and application deployment.
- Basic knowledge of SEO best practices and ability to resolve technical SEO issues
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite
This is a remote based position
In order to be considered, all candidates should submit their Professional Portfolio and/or Github Respository
CHIME currently requires, as a condition of employment, that employees receive the COVID-19 vaccine and follow all other CHIME COVID-19 safety protocols, unless the employee is granted an exemption in accordance with applicable laws.