The College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) is the professional organization for Chief Information Officers and other senior healthcare IT leaders. CHIME enables its members and business partners to collaborate, exchange ideas, develop professionally and advocate the effective use of information management to improve the health and care throughout the communities they serve.
Our Mission is to advance and serve healthcare leaders and the industry improving health and care globally through the utilization of knowledge and technology.
The Graphic Designer will contribute to the design, development and application of organizational visual identity elements, and the execution of design and creative visual elements for all organization promotional and informational materials and multi-media campaigns.
The core function of this role is to create innovative and original design concepts aligned with and in support of CHIME and related brand and sub-brand identities, as directed by the Senior Graphic Designer.
The Graphic Designer will bring design solutions to life which adhere to marketing strategies and business goals and must be comfortable making thoughtful decisions while executing graphics development from a holistic perspective. The designer must have expert knowledge of graphic and visual design, style and layout techniques, but also be an effective communicator to understand the challenges or requests to execute effective solutions.
Our ideal candidate is a team-spirited, skilled and imaginative designer with a passion for detail and managing a brand’s visual identity. Must be able to work quickly and with a focus on quality; adhere to deadlines while managing multiple initiatives; communicate and coordinate with a wide variety of product owners and service line leaders; and collaborate with diverse personalities and perspectives.
Duties and responsibilities
- Monitor the brand’s visual identity integrity across the organization with a focus on adherence to logo use, font & color pallets, graphic elements, image and video usage, other
- Support design for marketing projects and campaigns; events and programs; website graphics; and materials such as presentations, informational or sales collateral, email layouts, PowerPoint graphics, infographics, and other product- or program-specific deliverables
- Contribute to and maintain CHIME’s visual identity guide; work with relevant team members to manage to a comprehensive brand guide
- Support the creation and maintenance of a cohesive brand-driven inventory of and guidelines for all assets with graphic and visual elements including photography, videography and imagery to support the brand’s visual identity
- Create and assist in original designs with brand and/or campaign identity standards as a foundation
- Utilize Adobe Creative Suite and other design software as needed to efficiently produce technically developed design deliverables
- Use a strong eye for aesthetics and visual details to ensure a quality final product
- Listen and understand design needs, come up with ideas and communicate them to internal customers and other members of the team
- Accept and apply feedback from Sr. Graphic Designer and appropriate internal or external stakeholders
- Adhere to and participate in project management and workflow processes using the organization’s preferred Project Management platform
- Bachelor’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree in Design, Graphic Design, Art, Communications, Marketing or related field preferred
- More than 3 years professional experience as a graphic or visual designer
- More than 2 years working in a professional team environment with multiple project stakeholders.
- More than 1 year experience editing video graphics and/or animations
- More than 1 year experience of professional photography duties
- More than 1 year successfully working in a remote or telecommuting role
- Superior technical knowledge of Adobe programs including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and After Effects
- Excellent PowerPoint skills, including template design and development
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of MS Office
- Professional experience creating visual elements for a variety of media.
- Experience using a project management platform or equitable tool (i.e. Asana, Trello, Monday.com, other) is preferred
- Basic WordPress CMS and HTML editing skills is preferred
- Basic knowledge of UX/UI is a plus
- Strong critical thinking skills with excellent attention to detail and a high standard for work product
- Have a strong work ethic, accountability and desire for growth
- Can excel in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects and requests at all times with excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented with a passion for efficient project management and execution
This is a remote based position
CHIME currently requires, as a condition of employment, that employees receive the COVID-19 vaccine and follow all other CHIME COVID-19 safety protocols, unless the employee is granted an exemption in accordance with applicable laws.
In order to be considered, you must submit a link to your portfolio as part of the application process.