The College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) is the professional organization for Chief Information Officers and other senior healthcare IT leaders. CHIME enables its members and business partners to collaborate, exchange ideas, develop professionally and advocate the effective use of information management to improve the health and care throughout the communities they serve.
Our Mission is to advance and serve healthcare leaders and the industry improving health and care globally through the utilization of knowledge and technology.
The Marketing Project Specialist is responsible for documenting and monitoring assigned projects or project deliverables for the marketing, communications, design and digital media team including, but not limited to elements such as workflow, tasks, timelines, objectives and reporting to ensure all projects run smoothly and efficiently. The Marketing Project Specialist will assist in the implementation and management of, and training for, a select organizational-wide project management platform or tool.
The Marketing Project Specialist will initially report to the Chief Marketing Officer and is key to the efficient and quality execution and delivery of Marcom projects, programs and/or campaigns.
The Project Specialist is:
- Highly organized, methodical, efficient and detail-oriented
- Confident and highly capable
- A passionate problem solver and critical thinker
- Adaptable and flexible as needed
- A clear and concise communicator
- Passionate about deadlines and data
Duties and responsibilities
- Coordinate and track simultaneous projects, programs and/or campaigns in a fast-paced and challenging work environment
- Work with project or program team(s) to develop and document project scope, milestones and success metrics; Monitor and communicate project status, team assignments, resources and deadlines.
- Develop and maintain an active, accurate and comprehensive report and/or calendar of all relevant Marcom projects or programs to include scope, status, objectives, metrics, milestones, stakeholders, action items, assigned tasks, etc.
- Act as liaison between Marcom team and other internal or external teams or points of contact for deliverable updates and metrics reporting
- Implement, manage, administer and provide training for an organizational-wide project management platform or tool
- Coordinate the work of others to meet delivery, quality and other relevant objectives; hold project team members accountable to tasks and deadlines
- Monitor project status for issues that would affect successful project completion, escalate as needed
- Prepare and document advance production timelines and plans for recurring projects
- Act as project lead for regular recurring projects, and for some ad-hoc projects, as assigned
- Maintain records of previous projects, including assets, for efficient reuse and retrieval in future marketing and communications projects
- Guide internal clients in efficient use of marketing and communications department resources; ensure adherence to approved communications and management tools and processes
- Continually monitor and review procedures and processes to identify potential areas for improvement and elimination of future errors
- Coordinate and attend program or project planning meetings/calls; assist in developing and manage agenda; record and distribute meeting notes, tasks and action items
- Bachelor’s degree or four years course work in a related role. Experience performing the duties of the job may substitute for a Bachelor’s degree or college level course work on a year-for-year basis
- Minimum two years of experience which demonstrates competency in coordinating various project elements to result in a finished project as a project coordinator, manager or similar administrative support capacity
- General or superior understanding of marketing, communications and event planning team structures and elements, required
- PMP or similar certification is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and assignments on deadline
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Ability to collaborate with a variety of teams and personalities and maintain a confident, professional demeanor with all levels of stakeholders, from interns to executives
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and other computer programs; must be able to develop and maintain complex spreadsheets or documents necessary to monitor and report on projects and programs
- Experience with email marketing service programs, preferred
- Experience using SharePoint or an equivalent team resource sharing platform, preferred
- Experience using project management software or platform, preferred
This is a remote based position
CHIME currently requires, as a condition of employment, that employees receive the COVID-19 vaccine and follow all other CHIME COVID-19 safety protocols, unless the employee is granted an exemption in accordance with applicable laws.